Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I am an outsider person too!

I admit it! I am not just an outsider artist, I am an outsider person, too. I never do feel like I fit in. I think it all started with being the third child ...two children fit perfectly but three ...the third one always feels left out somehow. I grew up feeling left out...never fitting in!

I've been an outsider in the working world too.  I never enjoyed being an employee.  I didn't like restrictions on my time and having to follow so many rules and regulations. I always ended up wanting to do things my own way. After getting frustrated working for others, I ended up becoming an entrepreneur for most of my life, creating my own businesses and doing things my way.

With my first husband, I opened a Chinese fast food restaurant called, Nature Wok. Shortly after my first child was born, I opened a children's resale store, called Baby Boom Bargains which later included a children's hair cutting salon, called The Cutting Circus. Eventually I sold these businesses and went on to start an educational business called, Heroic Living, teaching people how to work through their dark side energy to create the life they wanted. Later I got involved with real estate investing, buying, selling and rehabing properties. And now I am just allowing myself to be the artist.

Though I really enjoy people, I am not much of a joiner. I don't seem to be able to stay with anything I join. I love being with people and I also really love being alone. I have discovered both of these sides of myself. After spending time with people, I always feel the need to pull away and spend time alone.

I also live as an outsider ...deep in the forest, eight miles outside of town, and three and a half miles from the nearest neighbor. I like being the outsider person ...doing things my way, living life on my own terms and having lots of space around me with no one to answer to but myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment