Sunday, March 13, 2011

I am an art supply addict!

About those art supplies...

Prior to actually doing any art, I had spent years going to art stores being fascinated with art supplies. I would walk around the art supply stores noticing what art supplies I was attracted to. I would buy as much as I could afford. Then I would bring them home and get depressed because I didn't know how to use them or what to do with them. I fact, I would feel absolutely helpless as I looked at those art supplies that I had just brought home. It was terrifying to be so in love with those art supplies and to feel so helpless about how to use them at the same time.

I had the most beautiful collection of art supplies ...brightly colored watercolors, tubes of acrylic paint, prismacolor markers, colored pencils, sketch pads, pastels, drawing pencils, and various size canvasses. I have to admit that by the time I got the courage to put my first image on paper, I had a ton of art supplies stockpiled. I had truly become an art supply addict!

And even though I have been painting for twenty two years now, I still have lots of art supplies that I have not used. I still don't have a clue about how to use them. Although I did take some watercolors out not too long ago and started experimenting with them. Some of the tubes were dried up though. They had been sitting around for so long. I guess that is the downside of being an art supply addict. The art supplies don't always last forever.

They come in handy sometimes though. I gave a beautiful new set of drawing pencils and some sketch pads to a young teenage girl in my town who is into drawing. It was great to see her face light up! I also gave some paints and canvases to a six year old artist having her first art show in her home. That was a fun show! She sure was into being the artist. She even got dressed up in a fancy dress and walked around talking about each of her paintings!

No comments:

Post a Comment