Monday, March 14, 2011

I am a yard sale and thrift store junkie!

I am a yard sale and thrift store junkie
on the lookout for that special bargain.
I never do know ahead what it will be
But when I find it, it feels heaven sent!

Mostly I look for things for my art,
interesting items to paint things on,
not the kind of stuff they sell at Walmart,
but unique, one of a kind items, mon!

Yard sales and thrift stores do stimulate me
Some of my best ideas come while I'm there!
My eyes look around and wander so free
looking for unique things to paint or to wear!

Sometimes I also find outsider art,
unusual, one of a kind creations
that I enjoy, that touch my soul and heart
that to me, in my mind, are worth tons!

I admit it!  Yes sir, it never fails
I stop at all thrift stores and yard sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment